Photographing the Sunset and Stars in Borrego Springs/Night Photography Workshop
This will be our last chance to capture the Milky Way before it slips the horizon. Hopefully we have good luck.
Getting away from the city where the sky is clean, dismissing any interferance from light population, Borrego Springs is the perfect place! You will to learn how to shoot the beauty of the stars in the night sky and leave with incredible and amazing shots in this night photography workshop!
This is some of what you will learn:
- We will start off with shooting the stunning sunset
- You will learn correct exposures
- Camera settings
- Learn the correct exposures for shooting the stars
- How to focus at night
- Learn how to shoot objects in the forground
- Light painting
- We are trying for the Milky Way before it loses its core and moves beyond the horizon
- How to create photos with emotional effect
Every photographer will find this workshop informative and inspirational.
Here is our estimated plan:
We will meet in the lobby of the hotel at 5pm.
Set out to photograph the sunset.
After the sun sets, we'll break for dinner
Go back out to shoot the stars/Milky Way
If you would like to stay the night, we have a special rate to book at the :
Borrego Springs Resort & Spa
1112 Tilting T Drive
Borrego Springs, California 92004
Toll Free: 888-826-7734
You may book on line or call directly.
Borrego Springs Resort & Spa is situated in the foothills of the Santa Rosa Mountains.
Enjoy high-end amenities, a full-service spa, outdoor heated pool, a fully-appointed fitness center, and a golf course during your stay.
Please tell them you are with the school.
Recommended Materials To Bring
- Bring your camera with a shutter release
- Wide angle lens with an apeture of F.2.8 or lower for optimal results
- Sturdy tripod
Easy to Moderate. Outdoor clothing and hiking boots recommended.
It will still be hot late at night.