Learn in Maintaining & Managing WORDPRESS in this intermediate level course. Now that you have a WordPress site, how do you put it to good use? This class will help you.
WordPress has quickly become the top platform for developing a user friendly, mobile adaptive, easy to maintain web site to promote your photography, sell your images, and even have people sign up for photo sessions or inquire about your services.
You've built a good site with WordPress, so now how do you make it work for you? We'll cover how to set up a basic e-commerce element to your site that will help you sell your work and take simple online transactions; as well as the importance of blog content and continued search engine optimization.
Although we use a structured curriculum, we customize every session to meet your specific
needs. We like to foster an open dialogue in class, and encourage you to ask questions at any time. Users should already have a fairly good understanding of basic WordPress and have a basic site set up. We also recommend that you bring any example links and digital photos you'd like to sell online to class, as it helps us better understand the types of web site designs and layouts that you’d like to produce and guide you in beginning to set them up. Students should have a PayPal account set up so they can properly set up their
Because we adjust the subject matter of every course to better suit your needs, please note that this is a general guide of what we’ll cover:
• Installing a Search Engine Optimization plugin
• Setting up Google Analytics
• The importance of blog posts and how to properly Search Engine Optimize them
• How to tell Google about your site
• Setting up e-commerce within WordPress
• Setting up a new product for sale (basic products versus variable products with size and price variations)
• Setting up PayPal for payments
• Setting up basic shipping
• Setting up basic remarketing using MailChimp or Constant Contact
• Search Engine Optimization of products
This course is designed for people who have a WordPress web site in place and would like to get their site working for them either via being found within search engines or through implementation of some simple e-commerce.
Any digital photos you'd like to sell online