Join us for a stunning photographic tour of one of California’s most fascinating features: The Salton Sea
Created accidentally in a flood in the early 20th Century, the Salton Sea enjoyed immense popularity as a as a recreational destination during the 1950s and 60s, but was almost abandoned after large tropical storms devastated the area in the 1970s. The present day result is a Photographer’s paradise: abandoned houses and Googie-style signage remains from the Salton Sea’s heyday and contrast with the still vital natural surroundings and diverse avian population.
We will share our insight and eye for Photography while introducing you to the absolute best places to shoot around the immense 525-square-mile lake.
You will learn:
- Review the basics
- Shutter speed
- New techniques and adjustments to your camera in conjunction to where and what we are shooting on our photography tour.
- Every photographer will find the location and instruction informative and inspirational. You’ll have more than enough time to shoot creatively, adjusting as we go along.
- Participants will learn to work as a team in photography, camera-handling techniques, control of natural light, how to create photos with emotional effect.
Meet at 10am. and we begin our day. We will work our way all the way around the lake including:
- Bombay Beach
- Salvation Mountain
- Three Trees
- Sunset at Red Rock Marina
Class projects include:
- Learn panoramic techniques
- Learn Stack Focus
Early Morning! Sunday morning we will begin with:
- Sunrise over the sea
- Salton Sea ruins
- (lunch break)
- Bonus Post Processing class:
Editing and processing the panoramic techniques from Saturday's class using PS & LR
Editing and process the stack focus techniques from Saturdays class using PS & LR
If you would like to come out early or stay the night, we have a group rate at the Borrego Spring Resort & Spa.
Camera & Tripod
Physical Expectation: Easy to Moderate. Outdoor clothing and hiking boots recommended, sunscreen & hat. IT WILL BE HOT.