One Week Photography Summer Camps at the California Center for Digital Arts | SUMMER 2017
Photography Summer Camp in Orange County for kids and teens aged 11-17.
Introducing our new Photography Summer Camp in Orange County for kids age 11-17. This fun photography camp teaches kids how to use the elements of photography to take better shots and develop their interest in the art of digital photography. They will not only learn how to use their camera but why. Understanding why they are adjusting the settings on their camera will make sense so they can achieve the look and feel of what they would like to create. Different types of photography are explored such as studio and portrait photography, documentary photography, street photography, and photojournalism.
Each student will learn how to use and operate their digital camera, learn how to compose their photos, and have an introduction to Adobe Lightroom. Daily workshops include studio photography, architecture photography, street photography, techniques for posing, plus more.
MOBILE PHONE PHOTOGRAPHY JULY 17-JULY 21
Session 3 (July 17- July 21) will focus on mobile phone photography (iPhone, iPod, Android, etc). Daily workshops will include all the same as the other sessions but specific to the use of mobile phones.
SUMMER CAMP TOPICS
- Getting to know your camera and all that it can do
- How to shoot indoors
- How to shoot outdoors
- Shooting portraits
- Studio lighting
- Shooting landscapes
Each day includes:
- Hands-on workshops (either photo walk around the center or in the studio)
- Learning sessions to learn how to operate and care for camera, how to see light and shadows, compositional techniques, plus more!
- Breaks for lunch, snacks and fun games
- Day 5 includes a chance for each student to have their favorite image from the workshop printed.
WHAT TO BRING
- Session 1, 2, and 4:
- Camera and camera equipment including: extra charged batteries, memory cards, additional lenses (optional), filters (optional), etc
- Session 3 (specific to mobile phone photography)
- iPhone, Android, or other mobile phone plus charger.
- A packed lunch and snacks
- Comfortable walking shoes and clothing
- Optional: laptop loaded with Adobe Lightroom or Adobe Photoshop
Ages = 11-17 (students will break into smaller sessions based on ages)
2017 SUMMER CAMP SESSIONS
Session 1: June 19 - June 23
Session 2: June 26 - June 30
Session 3: July 17 - July 21 ** Session specific to mobile phone photography
Session 4: July 31 - Aug 4
If extended hours are needed, add $25 / hour
Our Photography Summer Camps in Orange County are conveniently located in the Artist Village in Downtown Santa Ana. The center includes multiple classrooms and 3 state-of-the-art photography studios.