Creative Seeing for Stunning Photographs
Why is it that two photographers can capture the same subject, sometimes within feet of each other, and one creates a stunning photograph and the other creates a mediocre or worse? The difference—one knows how to compose an image that allows him or her to create a stunning visual statement and the other, well…
In this course students learn the 17 principles of creative photographic composition and creative ways to apply them. In class, as well as doing a live shoot, students explore fundamental and advanced compositional techniques and internalize the designs, a learning method that allows photographers to combine various approaches to create aesthetically strong images. Just as important, students learn when to abandon compositional rules in order to arrive at unique points of view.
Finally, students learn the secrets that pros use to archive dynamic and compelling compositions, and perform hands on exercises in the field with their instructor to put these secrets to work.
- How Professionals See Creatively
- The 17 Rules of Composition— Why They Work
- The 17 Rules of Composition— Why They Don’t Work
- Secret 1 That Pros Use for Stunning Compositions
- Secret 2 That Pros Use for Stunning Compositions
- Secret 3 That Pros Use for Stunning Compositions
- Working the Scene Exercises (the Corvette)
- Working the Camera Exercises
- Working the Light Exercises
- DSLR Camera and 1 or more zoom lenses
- Portable flash unit (recommended)
- Tripod (recommended)
- Camera One and Camera Two or demonstrated intermediate camera skills.
Beginner to Intermediate